Anderson Travel and Tours offers One Day Trips to locations less than 5 hours away. We leave early and get back late, but it’s a full day of adventure and fun. Sometimes the best trips are just a couple hours from home!
We post trips and updates on our Facebook page as well. So, Like our page and get trip updates, current info and see photos from our trips!
Like our Facebook Page
$150.00 per person
(due by April 1, 2020)
- Make all checks payable to: Anderson Travel & Tours
- 30 people minimum are required for this trip. If the minimum is not reached, all money will be refunded.
- Tickets will be purchased on April 1, 2020, so your money is non-refundable at that point. You can get someone to take your place, but no refunds can be given.
- One Day Tour with Tour Director
- Round-trip Luxury Motorcoach Transportation
- Lunch Included
- All Tips Included
(Driver, Tour Director, Guides and Gratuities)
- Admission to Estate and Museum
- Tour of Hills and Dales Estate
Completed in 1916, the 13,000 square foot home was designed to flow gracefully into its gardens—a series of dwarf boxwood parterres planted by Sarah Ferrell, which have adorned the terraces of the hill for more than 175 years and is considered one of the best preserved 19th century gardens in the country. The classic lines of the home, designed by renowned architects Neel Reid and Hal Hentz, have now silently watched over the beloved gardens for a century.
- Lunch at Taste of Lemon Restaurant
This restaurant is located in the former Second Methodist Church constructed in 1892! The building is unique and original and the food is Southern cooking at its best!!
- Tour of National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center
In addition to more than 70,000 artifacts, this museum campus is also home to World War II Company Street, Vietnam Memorial Plaza (featuring the Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall) and the Global War on Terrorism Memorial.
We will be departing from:
Please Ridge Baptist Church
1342 Hueytown, Rd., Hueytown, AL 35023
Time: we will LEAVE promptly at 6:00 am
(please arrive early to board the motorcoach)
we will be change time zones to Eastern Standard Time in Georgia
- 6:00 am (CST) Depart
Eat breakfast before you arrive or bring a snack
- 10:00 am (EST) Tour of “Hills and Dales Estate”
- 12:30 pm (EST) Lunch at “Taste of Lemon”
- 3:00 pm (EST) Tour “National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center” in Columbus, GA
- 5:00 pm (EST) Depart for Home
Sign up today to reserve your spot!